PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Tall Ship Gloria visits Tacoma
BobH

Tall Ship Gloria visits Tacoma

The Colombian tall ship Gloria, crewed by third-year Colombian naval cadets.

Gloria visited Tacoma, WA in the summer of 2008, but not during the Tall Ships event, it was about a month later.

I got the extremely smooth water by visiting very early in the morning. Note the sailors working in the rigging.
Bob, To me the ship and sky is slightly overexposed and needs a little more saturation. It could be that the TOD and lighting was not ideal. You nailed the composition; I would like to see a little more contrast to make the ship stand out.
Cheers!
Ron

The lighting was far from ideal. The sky is so bright since sun is coming up just to the right of the image. The angle wasn't great, but it was the only option I had that didn't require a boat, and even if I'd had a boat, then it would have made waves which would have ruined the reflections. So I worked with what I had available.

Maybe if I was better at Photoshop I could create a layer for the sky and darken it up a bit...

Media information

Category
Sports and Event Photography
Added by
BobH
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back