Recent content by climbbike

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. climbbike

Mount Rainier Scenic RR

Love the shot
  2. climbbike

Why I always shoot RAW

Our eyes see about 14 f-stops of dynamic range for any one scene and cameras are 8-11 f-stops so HDR's can actually be more realistic than traditional photos. There are two problems though. We are so used to seeing traditional photos that anything else looks fake to us even if it is more...
  3. climbbike

Why I always shoot RAW

Absolutely! I take many photos people think are HDR but they are just raw files I was able to adjust the shadows and highlights on. (I do shoot some in HDR too, though) But it's amazing how much detail you can pull from a raw file.
  4. climbbike

Portland Pano

Microsoft ICE is like that, super easy to use and can stitch every which way. Hugins is definitely more advanced. I think I need to try Autostich.
  5. climbbike

Portland Pano

There is also Microsoft Ice and Hugin. I use both. Certain panos will work better in one or the other.
  6. climbbike

12.11.13 Icy Falls in the Gorge

Love the second one
  7. climbbike

Rorschach

I was up there a week and a half ago and everything was covered by snow
  8. climbbike

Lower Lewis River Falls

There is a trail down. Actually a couple, some kind of steep. But once you are down there you have to go in the water; there is no bank to walk up.
  9. climbbike

Lower Lewis River Falls

.5 seconds @ f/27, 15mm, ISO 100 .5 seconds @ f/27, 32mm, ISO 100
  10. climbbike

Panther Creek Falls

Panther Creek Falls is SW of Mt. Adams in Gifford Pinchot National Forest. f/22 @ 10 mm, 15s, ISO 100 f/27 @ 16 mm, 8s, ISO 100 f/27 @ 18 mm, 20s, ISO 100 f/22 @ 42 mm, 6s, ISO 100
  11. climbbike

Washington MidSummer Renaissance Faire

This is just down the street from me, I really need to go check it out. Sent from my nookhdplus using Tapatalk 4
  12. climbbike

A Day at Mt. Rainier

I've been wanting to shoot wildflowers at Mt. Rainier for years but either my timing has been off, I've been out of town, or I just didn't feel up to braving the summer crowds. This year though, things finally worked out. It's probably another week or so before the flowers peak but there are...
  13. climbbike

Rainier Roadtrip 7/13/13

I just looked through my photos; it was the 6th that I was up there, I guess. Here is what it looked like then:
  14. climbbike

Rainier Roadtrip 7/13/13

wow, things are thawing very quickly. I was just up at tipsoo lake a week before you and there was still tons of snow. Part of the parking lot was even still covered by snow.
  15. climbbike

Comment by 'climbbike' in media 'Fall at the Falls'

Awesome. I've been trying to get out there. You timed it with the fall colors perfectly.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back