Recent content by Debbie Lynne Chally

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. D

Odd Left Leg on Hawk

Stretching the leg out makes sense to me given shape/angle seen beneath the feathering. Thank you!
  2. D

Odd Left Leg on Hawk

The outline of the leg seems to be visble down the center of the furry block. I caught sight of him through my dining room window. He turned his head over his shoulder, scanned the area quickly before exiting over the fence. The three or four shots I got were basically identical. I didn't notice...
  3. D

Odd Left Leg on Hawk

Any ideas on this bird's left leg?
  4. D

Female Northern Flicker lingers awhile

Yes, from my dining room window. The flickers are finally alittle less skidish now that they have chosen their mates. Although instead of the four or five that have been around since last summer there are just the pair for now.
  5. D

6. D

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

These little guys are always on the move!
  7. D

Ridgefield NWR March 2014: Great Egret

Yes, I see it now. I will have to double check what my exposure compensation was at. Our visit was only possible between 1pm and 3pm and the overcast day gave way to the sunshine! I will go back and see if I caused any of the loss of highlights with my edit. Are they truly blown out or can...
  8. D

Ridgefield NWR March 2014: Great Egret

Midweek trip to Vancouver WA and Beaverton OR to visit family. Excited to spend a few hours at Ridgefield with my daughter and son-in-law on Friday afternoon. The birds and other wildlife were in abundance. I haven't done much inflight photography but was pleased with results, really ready...
  9. D

Window Watching - Birds Visiting My Gardens

Yellow Shafted Female Northern Flicker Four young flickers have hung out here since they fledged this past spring: One female and one male, orange shafted without chevron Two males, orange shafted with chevron This yellow shafted beauty I believe to be the mom.
  10. D

Northern Flickers Northern Flickers are beginning to reappear after several weeks absence.
  11. D

Golden-crowned Kinglets

I really like the contrast with the leaves in the last photo! I have had three Golden-crowned Kinglets that have been visiting on an almost daily basis since they fledged this summer. They especially love the water features. I have finally figured out that their periodic bizarre movements...
  12. D

Bewick's Wren Thank you all. In reviewing 2014 the Bewick's Wren might have been my most photographed bird! Here are three "portrait poses" from last year. They never fail to make me smile.
  13. D

Bewick's Wren Thank you Chad. Laughing in response. Yes, it was taken through a window as are many of my photos. Did I miss some glare? :). I wish I was out among the birds but often my daughter's care doesn't allow me that freedom so I shot from where I can!
  14. D

Bewick's Wren Bewick's Wren was strutting this afternoon.
  15. D

Wildlife of Edmonds, WA. 2015

Bill, your "pig"kins captures are so outstanding!!!! They drain the feeders in no time and pick a fight with any and all birds who approach the feeder they are on.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com