Recent content by Julie

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. J

what a busy summer

Thanks! You will never see manes up in the hunter ring, only in the jumper ring. Hunters manes are braided.
  2. J

what a busy summer

My big shows are officially over for the year. PHEW!!!
  3. J

There's a thundering sound coming at me.

The good news is those horses are less than half that weight. The bad news is that it really doesn't matter, they will still mess you up if they go through you. ;) Great captures! I have shot on that field many times over the years, it's beautiful there.
  4. J

Dog Agility, Salem Oregon

Those rock, the action and intensity is SO apparent!
  5. J

A Bunch of Hot Air . . . Balloons that is.

Thanks for sharing these. I have never been to the hot air balloons there and always wanted to. It was cool seeing your shots of what they do with them when they are on the ground, very nice!
  6. J

Seabeck Eagle

Wow, what a shot! Where is Seabeck?
  7. J

first OUTDOOR horse show of the season

I am SO happy to be outside again! (other than the one day out of 5 that it rained all day)
  8. J

Wildlife Safari, Winston Oregon

These are great, thanks so much for posting them! I have always wanted to go there and still haven't made it. Every time I'm down in that area it's for something specific and I just don't have the time to stop by. I will be driving by there the end of June but again, doubt I will have time to...
  9. J

whippet & Silken windsprite racing

I hate shooting indoors. I do a few horse shows inside in the winter but really no matter how well you can capture a moment in an indoor arena they don't come even close to as pretty as outdoor shots. Thankfully I think I only have one or two more indoor shows before they are all outside again...
  10. J

Thanks Janice. I agree, I love either using motion blur or shooting wide open for an extremely shallow DOF. Trouble is whippets run at 37mph and you have about a second and a half to pan fast enough to give you whiplash as they go by. Too often I opt for the easier shot of stopping down a...
  11. J

Thanks Janice. They are all panned actually, but some of them have really slow shutter speeds (1/160 and 1/200 respectively) for some major motion blur. Normally I shoot at around 1/1000 to 1/6400 depending on available light to stop action.
  12. J

Some photos from my clubs meets this weekend:
  13. J

hunter jumper show

This is available light at the show. Settings for ambient there were f/2.8 1/250 ISO 4000 for this shot, some shots were ISO 5000.
  14. J

hunter jumper show

It's rare to have a horse that even notices flash. There are people throughout the stands at every show flashing their little point and shoots all day as well.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back