Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. squirl033

It's hummer season!

Thanks, Bill!
  2. squirl033

It's hummer season!

Got my first good shot of a rufous this year at a park in Centralia. The hummers love the bee balm flowers, and last year I spent a number of afternoons photographing both Anna's and rufous hummers on the blooms. Here's a female rufous to get this season off to a good start...
  3. squirl033

The spring visitor - Townsend's Warbler

Nice! I love these little guys! Just saw my first one this year!
  4. squirl033

Red-breasted nuthatch

Thanks, Terry! I've been getting out, just haven't been posting as much as I used to...
  5. squirl033

Red-breasted nuthatch

Thanks, Bill! Still down here in Chehalis, just haven't been posting much of late. I'll try to do better! ;)
  6. squirl033

Red-breasted nuthatch

Found this little fella foraging in an evergreen in a park in Centralia a couple of days ago, and had a nice 20 minutes or so watching his antics as he hopped among the branches...
  7. squirl033

Black-crowned night heron

Reifel is probably closer, even for me, than Tri-Cities, but a friend was going to McNary and asked if I wanted to go along, and who am I to say no? ;)
  8. squirl033

Thanks, Ricky! Shame we have to drive to eastern WA or BC to find one!
  9. squirl033

Thanks, Terry!
  10. squirl033

Got this little fellow at McNary Wildlife Refuge over near the tri-cities yesterday... First time I'd had an opportunity to see and photograph one, so I was pretty excited! We had just arrived, and hadn't even had time to park when we saw it... stopped in the middle of the road and snapped some...
  11. squirl033

A nice treat... Nashville warbler in Chehalis!

Thanks, Bill! Yeah, this little fella's a bit out of normal range, but we seem to get a few every year during migration...
  12. squirl033

A nice treat... Nashville warbler in Chehalis!

Was out a couple of days ago, and spotted this little Nashville warbler in some trees along a trail in Chehalis... these little guys are seldom seen west of the Cascades, but a few seem to pass through during migration each year. I'd never seen one, so this was a special treat!
  13. squirl033

A few from my last birding outing before the stay-home order...

Thanks, Bill! Being almost 70 with asthma, I'm in a bit of a risky group myself, but my immune system has always been fairly robust, and if I keep my distance, I should be okay. Besides, I live in a MUCH less overcrowded area now, and that spot at Hawks Prairie is largely ignored even in the...
  14. squirl033

A few from my last birding outing before the stay-home order...

Made it up to Hawks Prairie in Lacey for an afternoon just before the governor told us all to stay home, and got some nice birds. No ducks this time, just the twitchy, little, hyperactive ones... ;) An inquisitive Hutton's vireo... A cute little ruby-crowned kinglet... An elusive Wilson's...
  15. squirl033

Townsend's warbler redux

This little gal popped up on a branch at Hawks Prairie ponds a couple of days ago, and gave me a nice look. These little birds are so bright and colorful in good light!
  16. squirl033

Hutton's vireo

Got this cute little one at Hawks Prairie ponds a couple of days ago. It flew in and landed quite close by, and gave me a couple of really nice shots...
  17. squirl033

Ruby-crowned kinglet

Thanks, Terry!
  18. squirl033

Ruby-crowned kinglet

Thanks, Bill! I've had pretty good luck with them at that spot... You oughta try to get down there sometime. Kinglets (both kinds), bushtits, butterbutts, and the last couple of visits, Townsend's warblers... even got a nice Wilson's warbler there a few days ago!
  19. squirl033

Wilson's warbler

Spotted this little guy at Hawks Prairie ponds a few days ago... he's either super early returning, or he stayed here all winter. Several people I've talked to say he probably wintered over. In any case, he popped up on this branch and gave me a nice look before darting back into the shadows...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com