Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. R

Green Heron

`Good Morning one of those meetings, were the bird was very relaxed and did not mind me being fairly close. Using the combo 5DIV and the 150-600. R.J
  2. R

Green Heron

A little quality time with MR Green R,J Crafted with the Canon 5DIV
  3. R

Coopers Hawk cont

Same nest site as last pics. A little on the dark Nest is located in a clump of trees about five acres. R.J
  4. R

Coopers Hawk Nest

I find that Osprey are not shy either. I still have not checked the second nest site yet. Been watching both sites for weeks now. R.J
  5. R

Coopers Hawk Nest

Yesterday at one of two Coopers nest sites. The chicks have just fledged, or just about to fledge, One of the adults after bringing a snack decided to rest on a branch about 20FFT above were I was standing. One of the chicks was just above the adult. A tough challenge to heft my 600 lens almost...
  6. R

Osprey

Crafted with the Canon 5DIV 1/1000 F8 ISO 100. AI servo. All AF points active with center AF start. RJ
  7. R

Birds of Edmonds, WA. 2020

Thanks for the info. I keep shutter speed between 1/800 and 1/1000 and F6.3 and f8 and float the ISO. Some times I will under expose by a stop to keep the ISO from getting to high. The 5D!V can go about a stop higher in ISO. This was my first winter season in the Skagit using the 5D and it has...
  8. R

Winter Dawn- Skagit

The file name is Skagit Short Ear Owl. I have a general file labeled Skagit, Just in this sub folder must be a thousand folders, They are organized by name Skagit and by description like Eagles and then by date. So these photos came from the short ear owl file.
  9. R

Winter Dawn- Skagit

A frosty dawn in the west Skagit Valley.
  10. R

Eagle pair greeting one another

Canon makes great cameras and EF lens system. The new R series cameras will take over soon. But Canon does quirky things, A 100-500 R lens . Sounds great, but at F7? A 800 R prime at F11. I don't think Canon will make many more updated EF lens for DLSR systems.. The 1DXIII was the last of its...
  11. R

A local visitor last winter

Was there just one? Swans stick to family groups of two to ten. Must of been lonely for him. R.J
  12. R

Thanks Guys I have traveled pretty much the same path in photography. For years using super zoom bridge cameras and then moving to Canon DLSR cameras. The current Canon 5D-7D camera body's are very nice and tough. Rain, freezing cold, snow. Never had one problem with Canons, Hopefully...
  13. R

Yes at the W90. Most rare birds and great pictures are chance encounters. At least for me. The first picture of the eagles in flight, I was just getting out of my car. Not even have my camera turned on. My choice of camera was the Canon 7DII. This camera locks AF in an instant. I don't think I...
  14. R

Yes it is. I did not realize that he was there until I was looking a the photos on my computer. He is so light. Oh, even his wings are a light off white. He still has a white head and tail feathers.. R.J
  15. R

Taken at long distance and light crop. I believe the male is on the left. A paired Eagles bond are unbreakable and fascinating to watch them interact. R.J
  16. R

Touch the Sun

I do really like the sensor on the 5DIV. And have been working out ways of using it on birds in flight. The Osprey VS crow was with the 5D. Really poor light and in rain, I think the 100-400II would be great on both bodies. Yes I love zooms R.J
  17. R

White Morph ??

This picture was captured with a 7DII and Tamron 150-600II . Only time to line up and get one shot off. Taken at West 90. R.J
  18. R

Touch the Sun

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I use both the Canon 5DIV and the 7DII. A camera that can AF, is what I live for. For birding. Between the two, the 7DII is the better camera body. No contest. I have both. The AF on the 7DII is the best I have ever used for birding. For some reason the 5DIV...
  19. R

White Morph ??

This morning I left my house just before 4 AM. And arrived in the Skagit just before dawn. This picture was taken just as I got out of my car. Its not the cleanest picture I have ever taken. But its the first I have captured of an eagle that was this light. to me it looks like he has been...
  20. R

Osprey and the Crow

Thank You Bill Here are the three amigos. This was a few years back, three siblings just before fledging. Once free, they were just fantastic to watch. R.J
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com