Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. R

American Bittern

Another near mythical bird That has eluded me. The last time I met one of these hard to find birds was 2012 at Nisqually. RJ
  2. R

Hiding in Plain Site

Several Wilson Snipe's enjoying the winter sunshine. From were I am standing. They disappear right into the grass. For the most part, I have been visiting my local parks and wild life refuge. the last few month's . I will post more, soon R.J
  3. R

Townsend Warbler

A nice little surprise while at Carkeek Park. Was there to catch the sunset and this little guy just having a great time feeding in the wet grass. R.J
  4. R

Eagles Hunting Coots

One of a pair of Eagles I watch and photograph . Was not expecting a show right in front and above were I was positioned. The pair were so close, I could not get them both in the same photo. Taken on the 29 of last month in the rain and very low light. Pictures crafted with canon 5DIV and...
  5. R

Red-Tail Moment

Good Morning Pretty decent light for winter in Puget Sound. R.J
  6. R

Red-Tail Moment

A nice sunny day last week. The Red Tail enjoyed the nice day also. R.J
  7. R

Immature Bald Eagle

Good to here from you. Just got back this beautiful day from Skagit/Fir Island. Snow Geese still arriving. Swans also, Almost perfect light. As you know, BIF has to be one of the most demanding part of photography. It has taken about a year to move from 7DII ( best camera I have ever used for...
  8. R

Immature Bald Eagle

Good to hear from you Bill. Cannot get any better weather for crafting pictures this time of the year. R.J
  9. R

Immature Bald Eagle

Hope every one is doing well. Pictures were crafted on Fir Island , Skagit. a rare Sunday Morning in Late November with no rain. Lots of fog at sunrise. This young eagle from the the pair I posted a few weeks ago having breakfast and just a few hundred feet from me. Perfect light. I don't obsess...
  10. R

Fir Island Royalty

This pair rules Fir Island, on the lower Skagit Valley. I don't know if there the same pair, but I have been visiting and crafting pictures of them and there offspring forever. Pictures crafted yesterday on a very rainy Sunday morning. R.J
  11. R

Early Morning Downy

Crafted at a very chilly Juanita Bay. R.J
  12. R

November Dawn

Crafted Sunday on the Skagit. Not very often you are in the Skagit in November, waiting for a sun rise and a start to a beautiful sunny day. Last Sunday was at Nisqually a frosty 26 and a stiff wind. Lessors just beginning to arrive . Stay well R.J.
  13. R

Crafty Eagle

Watching the Snow Geese arrive. Its mate about a half mile away watching also. R.J
  14. R

Snow Geese arriving in a Gale

Snow Geese arriving yesterday in a pretty strong gale. The wind and rain let up around noon and was surprising nice the rest of the day. Arrived at 6Am and left about 5Pm. Skagit , Fir Island at Wiley. I will post more pics as soon as I go thru them. These are from in the morning, Really tough...
  15. R

October in the Skagit

Yesterday started in the West 90 and then at the Skagit Reserve . Snow Geese just starting to arrive. Should be another great season in the Skagit. R.J
  16. R

Eagle Moment

Another few weeks. Nisqually will have Lessors by the thousands. Last year, the rains came late and the ponds were mostly dry, I arive at Nisqually before dawn and catch the geese still in the ponds and on a good day, flocks arriving also. I have used a tripod but too restricting. I started...
  17. R

Eagle Moment

A challenge to keep the shutter speed high enough to craft the picture. R.J
  18. R

2020 Picture Collage

2020 has been off and on a tough season. Mostly the smoke from the wild fires. The lack of accessibility to sites, Also working full time. I did manage to cross off some birds from my bucket list. Wilson Snipe, More Rail pictures. Yes, even M.R Ruby, The kinglets are either in brushy trees, or...
  19. R

2020 Picture Collage

2020 so far ,despite a few challenges along the way. I have managed to enjoy getting out and taking a few pictures R.J
  20. R

Birds of Edmonds, WA. 2020

Good morning Bill mostly been working and waiting for the fall migration to begin, always take a break before the fall season. R.J
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com