Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. R

Lions in Winter, Mountain that is! More from the Trip to Triple D

A few Mountain Lions, everything from the trip will show up in This Collection over time. These were shot on our one Sunny Afternoon. Let me know what you think, hope you enjoy these, I do ;) Some Reflections: #1: That You? #2: Sittin' Pretty #3: Majestic Lion...
  2. R

Snarls, Growls, Howls, Winter in Montana at the Triple D Game Farm

A smorgasbord of Snarls, Growls and Howls from our trip to Montana. Let me say that what these do not convey is the sound, and in some cases, such as the Snow Leopard, that sound was quite intimidating. Nancy asked if it was "communicating", the answer was "Yes, it is communicating that it is...
  3. R

Cloudy day Short Eared owls, and a bonus for Bill Anderson ....

I have not posted here in quite some time, need to become more active again. First off, Bill A. commented in another thread about the Harrier and Short-ear interaction. This is from a couple of years ago, eventually the owl dropped it's meal. Now, these are from a cloudy day in...
  4. R

Snowy Owls and Mt. Baker

After seeing the gorgeous image a friend posted of a Snowy Owl with Mt. Baker in the background near sunset at Boundary Bay, I wanted to try to get at least something similar. With the nice weather, I went up to Boundary Bay on Friday, the 3rd. Kneeling in the grass, here is what I found. Do...
  5. R

Snowing at Boundary Bay - Owls that is

I took advantage of a sunny day yesterday to head to Boundary Bay, BC Canada to photograph Snow Owls. The number of owls, reported to be around 2 dozen, were well outnumbered by the photographers. What a great day overall, even though I almost got stuck in the Great Canadian Mud. Most of...
  6. R

My Dinner, not Yours - SEO and Harrier

Often we see "moochers", where one bird will catch prey and another wants it. On the last image I am debating whether or not to remove the Harrier wing tip from the upper right corner. One part of me says "Get rid of it, it's annoying", another part says "Leave it in, you can see that...
  7. R

Up Close with Short-eared Owls

I always like it when the SEO's give us close fly-bys, and I am able to keep up with them ;) The first 3 images are relatively small crops to remove some dead space top and right, bottom one is "as-is". I just never get tired of watching these little guys. Some folks...
  8. R

Lucky Bugger and the Snowy Owl

The Lucky Bugger is ME!!!! I was thinking of trying to meet up with the folks for the eclipse, but decided to head for some Swans instead, which were pretty much a bust. But then I found this on the way home. First one hand held leaning across the driver's seat, could be sharper but I sure...
  9. R

Short Eared Owl - breaking the drought

That is breaking my personal drought. The last couple of years have not been good for finding good consistent Short Eared Owls. Nice to find somewhere I can hunker down and shoot again. On the Hunt:
  10. R

Here I am

and now we just need to figure out what to do with me :D I thought I knew of every forum in existence, somehow you folks have stayed under the radar. Hopefully I will be able to find something to contribute here, I am sure I will learn a thing a two. Thanks for letting me in.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back