Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. TurtleTwist

eagle landing

Great series of photos. I can hear him screaming "yeah, stuck the landing!"
  2. TurtleTwist

Curly Creek Falls

HDR is difficult with moving subjects, though some HDR software will compensate. With the 5DIII, you could take one photo in RAW, then save copies in the high and low ends of exposure and merge all three with the HDR in Canon's Digital Photo Professional.
  3. TurtleTwist

Window Watching - Birds Visiting My Gardens

Great photos! They are such interesting birds; I hope he comes back again!
  4. TurtleTwist

Hello from Bothell!

Welcome, neighbor! There are several interesting wildlife threads on this site.
  5. TurtleTwist

Serious Eagle Action at Edmonds Marina Park

What a great series of shots! I was really enjoying the reactions of the eagles to one another.
  6. TurtleTwist

Hello from Shoreline, WA!

Welcome! There are many nature photographers here.
  7. TurtleTwist

Seahawks Serendipity

Love it! On to the Super Bowl!
  8. TurtleTwist

TurtleTwist's Favorites of 2013

My favorites are organized in categories, with some in multiple categories. Auto, B&W, Phone Shot - I love autos, but most photos at shows have cluttered backgrounds, people, and reflections of people. I saw this Avanti near my work, and the phone was the camera with me. Turtle...
  9. TurtleTwist

Janice's favorite shots of 2013

I love your photos; it must have been hard to choose. November is fantastic. Congrats on being adopted by Ellie.
  10. TurtleTwist

Greetings from Bellingham

I'm enjoying your photos already. Welcome!
  11. TurtleTwist

Mt Baker from the Skagit Flats

Looks like you could touch it!
  12. TurtleTwist

Wildlife of Edmonds, WA.

Very nice selection of photos, congratulations!
  13. TurtleTwist

Everett ospreys

Glad you got those great shots after waiting so long. Love that one-footed carry in the first shot.
  14. TurtleTwist

last light on Mt Challenger

I've had a 7D for almost four years - love it! I've used it with EFS macro and EFS17-85 (both left over from my 20D); also telephoto, telephoto+extender. most failings in the photos have been my fault, not the camera's. The features that I miss on it from today's technology are more auto-focus...
  15. TurtleTwist

hadn't seen one of these in years!

Always fun to see something interesting like that. Like the license plate, too!
  16. TurtleTwist

Wildlife of Edmonds, WA.

I like number 2 of the eagle - "wheel down," focused on the landing. Great series!
  17. TurtleTwist

finally made it back to my favorite park

Wood ducks are beautiful! I drove by Juanita yesterday, but parking lot was full, so I decided to finish errands and enjoy the nice day at home. So now I know what I missed!
  18. TurtleTwist

went to the botanical garden today...

The "silver plant" is an allium and they come in any color of spray paint. The pink ones are dianthus, aka pinks. The prehistoric one could be gunnera, aka dinosaur food. Definitely a nice day for photos.
  19. TurtleTwist

Down the Hatch

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." Beautiful shots - loved the detail in the feathers.
  20. TurtleTwist

Turtle photographer (new member)

Hello, I've been lurking and enjoying your photos for some time. I used an SLR back in the film days for the usual travel photos - "I was here and you weren't!" I became more serious about photography when I switched to digital to document my interests in gardening, turtles, and...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com