Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. L.L. Heim.

Trip to the Canyonlands

My husband and I just created our ultimate travel-the-world vehicle. "Livingstone" is a 4WD Ford 550 diesel with 100 gallon tank, a pop-up camper with water filtration system and 100 gallon storage tank, and a "garage" for our motorcycle and bikes. We tried it out a few weeks along the White Rim...
  2. L.L. Heim.

Views of the Palouse

If you want to shoot the beautiful green rolling hills of the Palouse now is the time to come. These are a sunset shot and first morning shot with a light fog leaving the valley (from Steptoe Butte). Feel free to contact me if you're interested in coming over to the east side and I can give you...
  3. L.L. Heim.

Caspian Terns 2013

Those are amazingly crisp shots! I'm guessing you were on burst mode, but what shutter speed were you using?
  4. L.L. Heim.

Trip to Thailand and Myanmar

Here are some photos of people. The first is a Lahu woman with black teeth from chewing betel nut. The Lahu women view black teeth as beautiful- they said white teeth look like dog teeth. The second is of some young monks relaxing at the temple where they live. The third and fifth is of children...
  5. L.L. Heim.

Trip to Thailand and Myanmar

I got back February 10th from three plus weeks in Thailand and Myanmar teaching basics of neonatal resuscitation and participating in medical clinics. I got time in for lots of photos so here are some highlights of the temples. The first is the over 150 foot long Reclining Buddah at Wat Po. The...
  6. L.L. Heim.

Washtucna is dying

Washtucna's off of SR 26 in Eastern Washington between Othello and Pullman. Other than the bar, the coffee shop-snack bar-quickie mart-antique shop-gas station on the corner by the highway is the happening place. The Washington State Patrol keeps busy there as well. They love to catch speeders...
  7. L.L. Heim.

Hawkish

Wow--great series! Were you shooting in burst mode and how did you set your focus?
  8. L.L. Heim.

Caption this!

Fight or flight???
  9. L.L. Heim.

A rare sighting...

Great shot and thanks for explaining your technique. (I have a flash, but am still "flash challenged"). Did you have to carry 2 tripods? One for the camera as well as one for the flash?
  10. L.L. Heim.

early autumn on the farm

That red barn really pops agaist the golds and greens in that light. I look forward to seeing it against the fall foliage.
  11. L.L. Heim.

Hiking the Skyline Trail, Mount Rainier.

Your photos are making me want to get back up there! Any chance that there'll still be photo ops in 3 weeks? That's the soonest I can make it.
  12. L.L. Heim.

heron posing

Beautiful shots! I really like how the shallow depth of field sets him off. That was very cooperative of him to pose so nicely in just the right light for you.
  13. L.L. Heim.

Sunset at Othello

That's really cool!
  14. L.L. Heim.

Sunset at Othello

Stunning striations of colors! I've never heard of the Fractalius plugin--what does it do?
  15. L.L. Heim.

L.L. Heim's 2011 Favorites

And here are photos from around Washington State:Sunrise over Mt. Rainier from the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, sunlight through a yellow rose, spring fields on the Palouse, little girls escaping a wedding reception to walk around a pond, and "Facing the Mountain".
  16. L.L. Heim.

L.L. Heim's 2011 Favorites

I put over 24,000 miles on my Jetta this year with 2 trips to Baja and back and 4 trips to Rainier. As I reviewed my photos I realized they represent a lot of very early mornings! This first batch is from my Baja/Southwest trips: Mexican pangas at sunrise waiting to take whale watchers out to...
  17. L.L. Heim.

Best photos of 2011 by kdboregon - Critiques Encouraged

Your fill flash really took this photo to a higher level for me. I really like how it sets off the foreground from the mid and backgrounds.
  18. L.L. Heim.

Portland MAX Light Rail

"Tree Tunnel" is outstanding! While I wish the front of the train was a little sharper, the train draws my eye right into the center of the photo. The vivid colors and interplay of the leaves on the trees with the leaves on the ground with the twinkle lights and the reflections in the puddles...
  19. L.L. Heim.

More Hummers...

I can see every feather! What shutter speed and f stop did you use?
  20. L.L. Heim.

July In Central Montana

That last shot is amazing! What a great reminder of why not to give up shooting until it's too dark to see.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back