Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. landscapes&birds

elusive pygmy owl

If it makes you feel any better, I went out Saturday looking for it and found it at the original spot reported (not last year's site). The blackberry bushes were so thick I couldn't get sharp photos, so these never got posted on my flickr or facebook. He stayed pretty well hidden for the several...
  2. landscapes&birds

Hawk and Owl fly in Formation

Great job catching that action! I really like behavioral shots with multiple species.
  3. landscapes&birds

all-you-can-eat crab feed

Very nice catch Rocky! How much longer will they stick around?
  4. landscapes&birds

My Best of 2015

Great series, Max! love the frigatebirds at sunrise photo.
  5. landscapes&birds

Edmonds Eagles 2015-2016

I really like the shot of the bald eagle with Mt. Baker. Nice job, Bill!
  6. landscapes&birds

a bufflehead

The bufflehead's plumage really shines in the right light. Nice photos, Rocky!
  7. landscapes&birds

Barrow's at Everett

Nice to know they're in Edmonds this time of year. Thanks Bill! Welcome Pat! Hope this posting issue gets resolved soon!
  8. landscapes&birds

Barrow's at Everett

Nice find! I have yet to see those this year.
  9. landscapes&birds

Owl Season 2015

Thanks Terry! Looks like you got some more great SEOs in flight, Rocky!
  10. landscapes&birds

meadowlark

Nice catch, sure looks like a meadowlark to me!
  11. landscapes&birds

The Dark Minion of the Overlord

I agree with Rocky, very well done!
  12. landscapes&birds

Owl Season 2015

Thanks Rocky! Looks like you got some great flight shots as well!
  13. landscapes&birds

Owl Season 2015

I went up to Stanwood today and found a few short-eared owls. They mostly stayed on the far side of the fields, but came closer in a few times for some good photos.
  14. landscapes&birds

Cedar Waxwings

Looks like you had some great light, Joe. I saw some in Seattle last week. Now if only there were enough berries so they would stay!
  15. landscapes&birds

Hooded Mergansers

Thank you Deka, I'm glad you enjoy my blog.
  16. landscapes&birds

a few more from Stanwood yesterday

Good sequence Rocky, and I'm glad you got some good keepers today Bob!
  17. landscapes&birds

Hooded Mergansers

Nice shots. The hooded mergansers can be skittish, as Bill said! Looks like you did a great job handholding your lens.
  18. landscapes&birds

Yost Park Wasp Nest

Nice find!
  19. landscapes&birds

the shorties are back

Nice series, you even got one in flight! They're tricky to track.
  20. landscapes&birds

Stanwood

Nice shots Rocky, those SEO's are tough to catch in flight. Thanks for sharing that tip Bill, I've been meaning to try it but haven't gotten around to it yet. Isn't there also an option to set a minimum shutter speed in Av mode with auto ISO?
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back