Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. SopkePhoto

Farley

Did a pet portrait for my parents. This is their Airedale, Farley.
  2. SopkePhoto

Downtown Portland with my new lens

LOL!!! Will do, Bob! ;-)
  3. SopkePhoto

You have a good point there Bob. And yes - Even where I work - if you buy the 18-200 with a camera body (any from the D3100 upto the D300 or D7000) they give you a instant rebate of a couple hundred dollars. And as for over $1000 for a lens - yes that is so true. I was eying a Sigma 200-500...
  4. SopkePhoto

Great thread, photos, and discussion. I agree with Bob on the 18-200mm lens as a good all-purpose lens. I work at a camera shop in Portland and it is one of our more popular lenses (along with the 50mm 1.4 and 1.8 lenses). The biggest downside to the 18-200 lens is the price. Granted - a good...
  5. Spanish Head Sunset

Spanish Head Sunset

Captured from a balcony overlooking the ocean at the Inn at Spanish Head in Lincoln City, Oregon.
  6. Qualicum Beach Sunset

Qualicum Beach Sunset

Taken at Qualicum Beach, BC - about 2 hours north of Victoria on Vancouver Island.
  7. Mount Rainier National Park

Mount Rainier National Park

Taken at Mount Rainier National Park near the Sunrise Visitor Center
  8. SopkePhoto

All Aboard the Holiday express.

Those cars are ex-Milwaukee Road.
  9. Water Frozen In Time

Water Frozen In Time

Frozen water effect by using a 1/3200 shutterspeed. This is at Wahkeena Falls in the Columbia River Gorge.
  10. SopkePhoto

Gotta Love Puppies!

Here are a few of some puppies I was able to photograph while at the Tulip Festival in Woodland. Aren't they adoreable!?!
  11. Dew Drop Tulip

Dew Drop Tulip

Taken at the Holland America Bulb Farm's Tulip Festival in Woodland, WA.
  12. Union Station At Night

Union Station At Night

Portland Union Station is over 100 years old and at has served 8 different railroads over the years.
  13. Fire & Ice Rose

Fire & Ice Rose

Fire & Ice Rose set against a black backdrop.
  14. Ice Build Up

Ice Build Up

Ice built up on the lower Multnomah Falls in the Columbia River Gorge during a cold snap in early December 2009.
  15. Multnomah Falls On Ice

Multnomah Falls On Ice

Multnomah Falls during a cold snap in December 2009.
  16. Lower Multnomah Falls On Ice

Lower Multnomah Falls On Ice

Due to over a week of freezing temperatures, Multnomah Falls in the Columbia River Gorge built up a decent amount of ice during early December 2009.
  17. Through Ostrander Canyon

Through Ostrander Canyon

Weyerhaeuser's Landfill Train heads downgrade through Ostrander Canyon near Longview, WA on a chilly fall morning.
  18. Cedar Creek Grist Mill

Cedar Creek Grist Mill

The Cedar Creek Grist Mill is located 9 miles east of Woodland, Washington. It was built in the 1870's and has been fully restored to a working mill.
  19. SopkePhoto

Oregon Photographer Intros

I just joined. I'm from Portland. I shoot mostly landscape/nature and railroads.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com