Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. Joemeche

Great Blue Heron

I've been keeping tabs on an active heronry on Bellingham's south side and enjoying the BIF opportunities. Here's one that caught my eye of the hundreds that I've shot recently. You'll notice that the shadow of the heron's head and part of the stick it was carrying show up quite well on its wing.
  2. Joemeche

Eide Road 2/2/16

Great BIF shots! Looks like you had some decent light.
  3. Joemeche

unknown raptor

Here you have a light morph (l) and a dark morph (r) together on the Lummi Flats.
  4. Joemeche

Common Merganser

Oh, I'd say 30-40' or so. As he made his way up the creek, the channel narrowed and it was like shooting mergansers in a barrel.
  5. Joemeche

Common Merganser

Watched this handsome male today as he paddled up a murky creek to do a bit of fishing. Tough to see prey with the muddy runoff clouding the water.
  6. Joemeche

meadowlarks

Nice shots! Big fan of the meadowlarks.
  7. Joemeche

short-ear posed for me...

Beautiful bird, super shots!
  8. Joemeche

a few more owls from Eide Road on the 8th...

Great shots, Rocky!
  9. Joemeche

Wildlife of Edmonds, WA. 2015

Nice. I enjoy 'strolling' around the waterfront just for shots like these.
  10. Joemeche

Snowy Owls for Christmas

Nothing reported, yet, but we can always hope for a visit. Boundary Bay Snowy Owl Cheers, one and all!! :D
  11. Joemeche

Seasons greetings

Tough to know where to post this one but the message is clear. Enjoy!
  12. Joemeche

BaGo BIF

Nice shot! And yes, they are speedy. ;)
  13. Joemeche

a pair of gulls

Super. I like shooting gulls....great practice for BIF shots!
  14. Joemeche

Black Oystercatchers

It was gray and rainy at Semiahmoo but this family of four brightened the day with their red-orange bills. There are two adults and two juveniles here, and I also saw three more farther down the beach.
  15. Joemeche

Killdeer

That's my boy!
  16. Joemeche

cruisin'

Great shot, and I love the low light, too!
  17. Joemeche

Killdeer

This is my totem bird and I'm always trying to get that red eye ring just right. Despite the gray skies today, I do believe I did it.
  18. Joemeche

Bald Eagle's pre-Thanksgiving brunch

No, I was on foot and I went into my stealth mode to get close enough to the diner. She was pretty focused on the meal at hand. Also, too windy for kayaking on that particular day.
  19. Joemeche

Bald Eagle's pre-Thanksgiving brunch

I observed this scene at Semiahmoo yesterday. The entrée was a young Glaucous-winged Gull.
  20. Joemeche

Cedar Waxwings

There was all kinds of salmon/fishing action down at the hatchery and I was the only person looking at birds. No tripod....they slow me down. :)
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back