Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

The air is so bad I have barely left the house for the last couple of weeks. I've stuck to stalking my hummingbird feeders, and wii do a separate post of them soon. Most of my best hawks and eagles are taken late fall and winter.
  2. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Hawk on Post 102 by lennycarl08, on Flickr Hawk Picnic by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  3. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

The eagles in the middle are definitely sub-adults. Glad you enjoy the photos! I am moving to Vermont or Maine when I retire. Unlike a lot of retiring folks, I am chasing winter. I miss snow and I am tired of being hot and dry and subject to wild fires every summer and fall. Still, I know have...
  4. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Well my Osprey have all flown the coop, so to speak, for the season, so for now nothing to do but comb the archives of RAWs I haven't dealt with yet. It's actaully nice since in the meantime I have purchased Topaz De Noise which does wonders for older files especially. From the Lower Klamath...
  5. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

And another from Lower Klamath NWR Hawk Portrait 24 by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  6. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

More GHOs from Pt Reyes Mom and Young'un by lennycarl08, on Flickr Two Owls by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  7. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Won't be long before the Osprey head away for the summer, marking the end of decent raptor photography in my area for a few months. Crowded House by lennycarl08, on Flickr Slimy Treat by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  8. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Another juvenile, but this time a GHO. Mom was on the branch above but refused to look over my way. Shot at Point Reyes National Seashore Fuzzy Owl by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  9. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Hard to believe this was a little fuzz ball a few weeks ago. Juvenile taking flight Look Ma! I'm Flying by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  10. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Rough legged from this past winter at Lower Klamath Rough Legged Hawk on Sign by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  11. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Double Osprey Double Osprey by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  12. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Thanks Kindly Terry
  13. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Eagle in Flight 86 by lennycarl08, on Flickr Harrier in Flight 114 by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  14. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Back-lighted Osprey by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  15. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Back to the Perch by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  16. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

It's also interesting that the males normally eat the head before bringing the rest back to the nest. This is mom, so she brought the whole fish back to feed the rapidly growing chicks. It's hard to tell from this view but that bass in dang near as big as her.
  17. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Mom caught a big ol striped bass This One Didn't Get Away by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  18. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

This is a different nest from the one above. The one above they had 3 chicks, while this one has two who came along about a week later. Faces only a mom could love ;) Mom and the Twins by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  19. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Thanks! 99.9% of my bird shots are with the Sony A9 and 200-600mm+1.4TC. If you click on the photo, it will go to my Flickr page where the full exif is displayed. Normally I have it in manual with the shutter between 1000-2000 and apeture set at f9 (widest available with that lens at TC) and...
  20. I

Some Nor Cal Raptors

Osprey 188 by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back