Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. JDueckPhoto

India 2015 Wildlife

The jackal's eyes are pretty intense, good capture.
  2. JDueckPhoto

Phriday pheasant...

Nice shot of an often secretive bird :)
  3. JDueckPhoto

Hawk

I went out for a short drive and found this guy. Not sure the type... Also noticed a unique look through the sets of arches down a long houseboat dock.
  4. JDueckPhoto

Why Does Full Frame Matter?

Exactly For anyone else who hasn't seen a depth of field (DOF) calculator for full frame vs. crop. This is the math for a 28mm f1.8 lens and a similar looking image framing. You'd have to step back with the crop sensor to compensate for the zoom difference. Canon 5D Mark III Full Frame...
  5. JDueckPhoto

Why Does Full Frame Matter?

I've written about this topic a few times but I noticed a rant from another commentator this morning and I wanted to touch on this from a different angle. This other reviewer said it doesn't matter what gear you use to take photos, the photographer makes the difference. Which is true. However...
  6. JDueckPhoto

sculpin sushi

I think those bullheads have some pretty sharp spikes on their front side fins? I wonder how good that feels going down :)
  7. JDueckPhoto

My Best of 2015

Max, that shot of Mustangs fighting is excellent. I would have liked to trade places with you to grab a few shots there; I can imagine that would have been cool to see.
  8. JDueckPhoto

Full moon

Those look great Rocky. Nice Photos. I think I'll up the aperture next time because the shutter speed was high enough to do it. With a TC1.4 on, using the len's sweet spot will help improve sharpness.
  9. JDueckPhoto

Full moon

HAHA yup. Maybe if I get the new 200-500 Nikkor I'll try some other "regular" photos before then.
  10. JDueckPhoto

Full moon

That's interesting. I also thought about switching to the full frame camera and upping the ISO to speed up the shutter speed but the reduced zoom was a killer
  11. JDueckPhoto

Full moon

So I thought photographing the moon was tough in general but I hadn't taken photos of an eclipsed moon until tonight. Wow what a different story. I had to shoot slow enough that the movement of the earth or the moon was blurring the images. The only partially usable shot was at 1.6 seconds for...
  12. JDueckPhoto

Some faves from 14

Yellowstone was an amazing experience. I'm surprised how much each area of the U.S. offers unique sights and features. I would have liked to travel back in time to photograph what that area looked like 150 years ago though too!
  13. JDueckPhoto

Some faves from 14

Thanks Chad! I attempt to frame subjects when possible and noticed when I look back at my old pics there has to be something interesting or its just another snapshot.
  14. JDueckPhoto

Some faves from 14

Thanks Max, the beach pic was north of Tillamook and the Bison was in Yellowstone. The clouds/green water photo was in Yellowstone at the sulfur springs area.
  15. JDueckPhoto

Some faves from 14

Central Oregon
  16. JDueckPhoto

Some faves from 14

Working two jobs has limited my time but I wanted to share a couple from 2014. Thanks!
  17. JDueckPhoto

Curly Creek Falls

I don't shoot waterfalls a lot but here's my input... :) You were pretty close to your max aperture number (smallest opening) @ f/16 so you were closing most of the light out of the camera as you could since you were at ISO100. I think your lens is f/22 or f/32 for max aperture. The next step...
  18. JDueckPhoto

Sunset @ Seaside, OR with the new FF Nikon 28mm f/1.8G lens

Thanks Joe. They do a good job of sitting for all my test photos, but by their expressions I think the novelty has worn off for them. :)
  19. JDueckPhoto

Sunset @ Seaside, OR with the new FF Nikon 28mm f/1.8G lens

I was out in Seaside, OR a couple weeks back and decided to test out the new Nikon nano coated 28mm lens. When I first saw this lens announced by Nikon I thought who would need this focal length and fast aperture? Its not really wide, its fast aperture isn't ideal for landscapes, its not a...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com