Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. JDueckPhoto

Hawk

I went out for a short drive and found this guy. Not sure the type... Also noticed a unique look through the sets of arches down a long houseboat dock.
  2. JDueckPhoto

Why Does Full Frame Matter?

I've written about this topic a few times but I noticed a rant from another commentator this morning and I wanted to touch on this from a different angle. This other reviewer said it doesn't matter what gear you use to take photos, the photographer makes the difference. Which is true. However...
  3. JDueckPhoto

Full moon

So I thought photographing the moon was tough in general but I hadn't taken photos of an eclipsed moon until tonight. Wow what a different story. I had to shoot slow enough that the movement of the earth or the moon was blurring the images. The only partially usable shot was at 1.6 seconds for...
  4. JDueckPhoto

Some faves from 14

Working two jobs has limited my time but I wanted to share a couple from 2014. Thanks!
  5. JDueckPhoto

Sunset @ Seaside, OR with the new FF Nikon 28mm f/1.8G lens

I was out in Seaside, OR a couple weeks back and decided to test out the new Nikon nano coated 28mm lens. When I first saw this lens announced by Nikon I thought who would need this focal length and fast aperture? Its not really wide, its fast aperture isn't ideal for landscapes, its not a...
  6. JDueckPhoto

NW bird photo outing

Went out today and grabbed a few quick shots. Sometimes I just have to get out to enjoy the sun and shoot photos for the sake of clicking that shutter. I was using the D700 and 300mm f/4 AF-S lens with TC1.4 teleconverter. This is some of what I saw:
  7. JDueckPhoto

Some of my favorite photos from 2013

Here are a couple of images that I like from 2013. Senior picture "high jump" My white Shepard on snow Old lighthouse Long beach WA sunset Caramel Coffee
  8. JDueckPhoto

More birds

Every once in a while these days I get to go out and photograph something for the heck of it. I was able to head outdoors with my 3 year old so we walked around looking for more of these small guys. Some shots are pretty well cropped. Used the Nikon D4, 300mm f4 and the TC 1.4. The first guy...
  9. JDueckPhoto

Chevrolet Equinox at sunset

I'm working on taking some marketing photos for a local GM dealership and have been doing some blending work to be able to get that soft light on the vehicle and the correct sky exposure. This involved taking the two photos in PS and layering them and fading one through the other. This is a...
  10. JDueckPhoto

Time-lapse feature using D4

I have been doing some limited video work for a client which has made me look more into the time-lapse feature on the D4 camera. I think some of this may carry over to the D800? There is a setting in the camera menu (under time-lapse photography) that allows a person to capture a series of...
  11. JDueckPhoto

White Shepard

We got a new puppy a while back, a white German Shepard. They are a pretty rare dog but one of the best dogs I've seen. Now she's old enough to get out and has a great time playing (jumping) in the back yard.
  12. JDueckPhoto

Mini Waterfall

I was out yesterday photographing a house for a real estate listing and I had to get a shot of this little waterfall in the backyard. Makes me want to install some water features at my house Nikon D4 Nikkor 18-35mm 3.5-4.5 (CP filter) Exposure time 10 sec f/22 ISO 50
  13. JDueckPhoto

Crown Zellerbach Trail

This trail is just north of the town of Scappoose, about 3hrs south of Seattle and 40 minutes north of Portland. I went there for the first time a couple days ago and saw a lot of birds out. The local airport is also right along the edge of the trail so there was a steady stream of planes and...
  14. JDueckPhoto

What to do about video

Im switching from crop to all FF so I grabbed a D4 and I have found the video to be a nice feature. I took some video last week for testing but even recording at 1080p and burning to DVD it looked low res and spotty. DVD is normally only 480p, I think, but the video wasn't even close to as...
  15. JDueckPhoto

Please don't feed the animals

Last week my family and I rented an RV and drove from PDX to Missoula, MT and back. Driving a 32ft RV for the first time was interesting but it was a nice drive and it went by quickly. Drove a total of about 1,200 miles; don't ask about the fuel economy. :eek: When in Missoula we rented a car...
  16. JDueckPhoto

Oregon Vista House and Wahkeena Falls

We have had some really nice days out here finally and it was time to go exploring. Even though I grew up out in the NW I've never been to Wahkeena Falls or the Vista House which is a restored rest stop. Its not your average rest stop--its stone built, with a round dome roof and a balcony...
  17. JDueckPhoto

Another year and another set of my favorites

Here are a few photos that I like from the 2011 year. They aren't published shots -- I just flipped through some of my regular photos from family trips etc. The sunset with the orange clouds was just a step out of my front door one day. There were some unique shapes in the clouds to I had to...
  18. JDueckPhoto

Seaside/Astoria

Seaside and Astoria are a couple of interesting towns along the OR coast. There are about 1.5 hours from PDX. My family and I were up there over the weekend for a short trip so I figured I'd throw a few photos up here. In winter or spring you can bet on some rain and clouds for the most part...
  19. JDueckPhoto

Sunset locations inland

Ive been looking for a good semi-local place to shoot sunsets. Im in NW Oregon about 1/2 hour north of Portland/Beaverton. There are few places where I have gone to get sunset photos but the sun is always blocked by mountains or trees. I tried to find the highest peak around here but I still run...
  20. JDueckPhoto

Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival

Started taking some photos of kiteboarding this year and found out about a festival going on this week. It looked like enough fun that I figured I'd venture into WA. :D
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back