A Drizzly Afternoon in Lake Oswego Oregon

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
With a little extra time on my hands, I decided to head down to one of our local parks. Usually I choose a sunny day to bring my camera but occasional drizzle added a little change of pace.

I've always wondered what this structure was. With a little research I found it once served as a platform for a large hoist that lifted logs to a train that took them to the paper mill in Oregon City. The structure on the top was added later when somebody had the idea to build a residence there. That idea was eventually abandoned and now it reminds me of an old fort watching over the river.
8522480331_5fd29b5961_b.jpg

Log Lift by Janice L, on Flickr

Oswego Creek used to be called Sucker Creek before it was renamed.
8524031292_76c3291205_b.jpg

Sucker creek 2 by Janice L, on Flickr

8522477341_a3d48f14b1_b.jpg

Sucker Creek and Lichen Clad Trees by Janice L, on Flickr

All year you can find people fishing on the Willamette River or from the river bank for salmon, bass, shad, perch and catfish.
8523757014_f1960e3870_b.jpg

Drizzle on the Willamette by Janice L, on Flickr

8522643089_b676342f7d_b.jpg

Gone Fishing by Janice L, on Flickr

very nice Janice! i like the first and the third one the best.. i hope you didnt get to wet....

Thank you. Not too wet, I kept my lens dry and the less than perfect day slowed the water down perfectly, adding a little softness.

Looks like Oregon clouds!

I like the balance in the first. The boat on the left and the structure work well together.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back