A few from my last birding outing before the stay-home order...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Made it up to Hawks Prairie in Lacey for an afternoon just before the governor told us all to stay home, and got some nice birds. No ducks this time, just the twitchy, little, hyperactive ones... ;)

An inquisitive Hutton's vireo...
MG-0153-crop-sm-2.jpg

A cute little ruby-crowned kinglet...
MG-0516-crop-sm.jpg

An elusive Wilson's warbler...
MG-0468-crop-sm.jpg

And an energetic little golden-crowned kinglet...
MG-0440-crop-sm.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't worry about the stay at home order. The birds will come to the Bird Whisperer. If I recall correctly, outdoor walks are allowed as long as you stay 6 feet away from everyone else. The governor did not say you couldn't take your camera along while walking.

I am in all three high risk groups. Except for medical appointments, I must remain inside regardless of what the governor says.

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't worry about the stay at home order. The birds will come to the Bird Whisperer. If I recall correctly, outdoor walks are allowed as long as you stay 6 feet away from everyone else. The governor did not say you couldn't take your camera along while walking.
I am in all three high risk groups. Except for medical appointments, I must remain inside regardless of what the governor says.

Thanks, Bill! Being almost 70 with asthma, I'm in a bit of a risky group myself, but my immune system has always been fairly robust, and if I keep my distance, I should be okay. Besides, I live in a MUCH less overcrowded area now, and that spot at Hawks Prairie is largely ignored even in the best of times, so I'm probably safe enough there. Once the sun comes back out... ;)

The weather has been not so nice the few days. The problem is when the weather turns a little nice. People come out in droves. Nature,bird photography has always been somewhat non social. At least for me. Leaving before the sun rises. R.J

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many of the areas where we would photograph birds (parks, DFW sites, etc) have been closed due to people flocking (pun intended) to them when the weather is nice in defiance of the quarantine orders.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com