A rare sighting...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Tony S

Yep, captured the elusive big foot while out shooting the water falls and river this afternoon.

Set exposure to capture the background, then used off camera flash to expose the goofball in the foreground so his face was not filled with shadows.

Expsoure info.... ISO 200 1.3 seconds @ f11, flash set to second curtain sync, 17-35 2.8 lens at 22mm on a tripod using the 10 second timer to fire the frame off.

404224088.jpg

Really nice self portrait Tony. I use rear sync a lot when shooting long exposure. Looks like a good new AV for ya

Great shot and thanks for explaining your technique. (I have a flash, but am still "flash challenged"). Did you have to carry 2 tripods? One for the camera as well as one for the flash?

The flash was on a cord and stretched out sitting on a rock held down by my day pack about 6 feet away so it would not spring back, a careful blancing act not to pull the tripod/camera over. If I were really thinking ahead I could have brought both flash heads and used one as the master for wireless use.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back