About that "Pacific Northwest" bit...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
A question was asked about whether photo posted here have to be from the Pacific Northwest. The short answer? No, they do not.

We are "Focused on the Pacific Northwest", but neither the photographers or the photos have to be from this region. We have chosen this niche to avoid being just another photography website, there are far too many of those. So the idea is that the members will share a common interest in the Northwest. Also, since there are a lot of Northwest Residents, you'll have an easier time of finding local knowledge and information. Looking for a great place to shoot? Chances are, somebody here can give you some ideas.

However, you can post photos taken wherever you'd like, and anyone is welcome to join in no matter where they live. The "Pacific Northwest Photo Guide" is the only area that's really specific to the Pacific Northwest. Even it's not all that exclusive, how'd Montana get it there for heaven's sake? (The western part is a lot like the Northwest, so I expanded the definition a bit more than most mapmakers would.)

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are at least two non-PNW members of the Railroad Forums site that enjoy wildlife photography. I am trying to get them to join this site for posting their wildlife photos.

fiznatty

I'm glad for the clarification. I still try to post my non-PNW stuff in the appropriate forum, but I appreciate when things are moved to the "correct" place anyway (e.g., when you moved my goose post to the Birds forum).

Max

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad for the clarification. I still try to post my non-PNW stuff in the appropriate forum, but I appreciate when things are moved to the "correct" place anyway (e.g., when you moved my goose post to the Birds forum).

Max

Yes, we try and keep things organized. I don't go out of my way to look for that stuff, but if I happen to read stuff and notice, I'll fix it.

In that case, I was guessing it went something like this "Oh, Bob moved my post to the bird category... Wait, we have a bird category now? Cool!" :)

fiznatty

Exactly! I'm always concentrating on getting the geographic part right that I didn't realize animal-specific categories might work better. ;)

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I quietly snuck the birds one in during the upgrade. We don’t sort by geographic region except for the shooting location discussions. Nobody seems to know about that area, or if they not sure what it is. I hope to work on that. The idea is to post info on good shooting locations as a reference for others. Maybe we can get that working some day.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com