Another trip to Shoshone Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Judy N

Better weather this time which brought people out in record numbers. Use ND 1.2 with f-16 and f-22 with a tripod for most of them although had to use it as a monopod in a couple of spots due to people. One from Twin Falls looking downriver on the Snake. C&C's always welcome.

Last edited:

amycramer

Nice series Judy! I especially like the rainbow one. Did you have a polarizor filter on your camera? They seem to be a little too light. Topaz clarity would fix that right up I think.

Judy N

Had a ND filter on. Mist filter was broken. LOL Play with it if you want. I don't own Topaz.

amycramer

I only used one of the dozens of effects available in Topaz Audjust, clarity. It is only $50.00 and you can try it for free.
It has saved quite a few of my landscape shots.
examples.http://www.topazlabs.com/forum/members/7738-albums507.htm
I am not a salesman, just a very satisfied customer. They also have video training, great customer support and a really fun forum. Check out the forum in you want to see some more.
examples.http://www.topazlabs.com/forum/members/7738-albums507.htm
I think it helped quite a bit. :)

Judy N

You are right, it does look better. Do you have to have photoshop CS or does it work okay with elements or does it work independently? I could have lightened it too much with layer adjustment as well. I will have to check the original on my PC when I get to the PC. Thanks.

amycramer

I use it in Photoshop Elements 6 and also in Corel painshop pro. It seems to work for me better in paintshop, but that may be just cause I have used that program longer.
It is an effect that you pick inside of either and then takes you to a different workspace. BEWARE! My husband didn't see me for a week after I got this program. :rolleyes:

Judy N

well my husband is currently rafting on the Colorado River thru the Grand Canyon and won't surface for 16 days so now might be a good time to try it. Thanks for your assisstance.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com