Birds of Woodway, WA 2020

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Terry O

This is a photo log of birds in Woodway Washington, located adjacent to Puget Sound and about 15 miles north of Seattle

05/02/2020. This thread starts with photos in my yard because of the COVID 19 stay at home order in Washington State. Luckily we have many birds that show up at our feeder and are relatively easy to photograph.

Male Purple Finch - a rare treat for us.

4-232020 purple finch yard_0791.JPG

This view show its overall coloration best.

4-232020 purple finch yard_0792.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy to take these little Chickadees for granted. Such an important part of Spring!

Black-capped Chickadee in our flowering cherry

4-17-2020 black cap chickadee cherry tr_0723.JPG

4-17-2020 black cap chickadee cherry tr_0726.JPG

Chestnut-backed Chickadee on our birdbath with yard art in the background

4-17-2020 chestnut-backed chickadee bath_0706sf.JPG

Its always a delight to see the White-crowned Sparrows show up. The almost black background is a pine tree in the shadows. My favorite camera-lens combination is the Canon 5Diii and Canon 400mm f5.6L. I usually shoot wide open to blur the background.

4-21-2020 white-crowned sparrow_0782.JPG

All good shots here, but the 1st one is excellent!! The little Purple Finch is one of my favorites. This kind of photograph was the very first one I ever saw, just last year (I don't remember where I saw). Thanks for the images of birds!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back