Black-crowned night heron

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got this little fellow at McNary Wildlife Refuge over near the tri-cities yesterday... First time I'd had an opportunity to see and photograph one, so I was pretty excited! We had just arrived, and hadn't even had time to park when we saw it... stopped in the middle of the road and snapped some pics. I shot these from the passenger seat, through the driver's side window... LOL!

MG-2370-crop-sm.jpg

MG-2378-crop-sm.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
There were reports on Tweeters of a colony in a large tree at a senior residential complex in Stanwood. I checked it out a few times but never saw any.

I am still working. Or was still working. If and when I retire, I would like to travel. I love Washington State. No other place that has such diverse climate. When I have visit my brother in Ellensburg. I go out too the wetlands around his house Looking for Night Herons and other rare birds Also skunks and badgers I have come across. R.J

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com