Blood Moon Edmonds, WA Lunar Eclipse 1-20-2019 9pm

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Terry O

Got a call from my son, who said he could see the 'Blood Moon' eclipse - so I rushed out with my Canon 5Diii, 500mm f4L and 2Xiii. Manual focus because of the dark moon and lack of contrast. about a 5 second exposure at f8 ISO 2000. Even manual focus was difficult.
1-20-2019 blood moon adj IMG_8037.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good shot, Terry. I forgot all about it until I got your text. I was totally tired from my son's basketball tournament, which his team won.

Terry O

Thanks, Bill. I had one comment on a pBase site I post on, that this is the first image of the moon that they had seen that looked '3-dimensional..... I think it is the lighting, that of course, I had nothing to do with :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com