Brazil 2017 Wildlife

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I previously shared my bird photos from my summer trip to Brazil. I've uploaded general wildlife and scenery photos in a separate gallery on my website. Here's a preview:

Jaguars are the main attraction in the Pantanal. We had several encounters, and were lucky to witness a lot of interesting behavior, from hunting, to tree-climbing to interactions between different cats.
jaguar0717brazil11.jpg

There's loads of other wildlife in this region, including thousands of Yacare caiman.
caimanyacare0717brazil8.jpg

There are a couple of types of anteater in the Pantanal. This is the southern tamandua.
tamanduasouthern0717brazil13.jpg

Giant otters were frequently seen along the rivers.
ottergiant0817brazil162.jpg

Our final jaguar of the trip was unique in that it had orange eyes, compared to the yellow eyes seen in most of the other cats.
jaguar0817brazil178.jpg

The orange-eyed jaguar was stalking a giant otter den. Every couple minutes, the adult otters would emerge and challenge the jaguar before disappearing again. Ultimately, nothing ever came of the showdown, but it was cool to witness.
jaguar0817brazil230.jpg

See the full photo gallery on my site.

By the way, I have only two spots left on next year's Brazil tour if you're interested in photographing some of these species with me during my next visit.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back