Common goldeneye courtship

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

landscapes&birds

A common goldeneye practicing his courtship display on Lake Washington.

20150307-2R6A2501_export-2.jpg

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
good catch, Tyler! where was this taken? i've heard there are some goldeneyes hanging around the Kirkland waterfront...

landscapes&birds

Thanks, Rocky! This was on the north end of the lake, near Log Boom park. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Kirkland goldeneyes!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's one i got at Juanita... he's not showing off quite as enthusiastically, but perhaps that's because there weren't any lady goldeneyes around... ;)

IMG_5024%20crop%20ps%20sm_zpsbbbyawj0.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com