Coopers Hawk Nest

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Yesterday at one of two Coopers nest sites. The chicks have just fledged, or just about to fledge, One of the adults after bringing a snack decided to rest on a branch about 20FFT above were I was standing. One of the chicks was just above the adult. A tough challenge to heft my 600 lens almost straight up. The family didn't seem to mind. R.J

Attachments

• IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 186
Great find. Cooper's hawks are good posers as they are not as shy or as skittish as some of their raptor relatives, such as the red-tailed hawk. After they fledge, the youngsters go through a stage when they hang out and fly around together. If one gets separated from its nest mates, it will call out until they return. This should make good photo ops for you.

I find that Osprey are not shy either. I still have not checked the second nest site yet. Been watching both sites for weeks now. R.J

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back