Costa Rica 2019 Photos

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I'm home for a bit, so it's time to catch up on image processing from the rest of my trips so far this year. I recently published a gallery of images from my March Costa Rica tour. You can check out the full gallery here. A short preview is below.

White-nosed coati, a relative of the raccoon
coatiwhitenosed0319cr13.jpg

Blue-throated toucanet
toucanetbluethroated0319cr9.jpg

Caterpillar found during a rainy night walk
caterpillar0319cr4.jpg

Golden-mantled howler monkey
monkeygoldenmantledhowler0319cr2.jpg

American crocodile being investigated by some brave (stupid?) cows
crocodileamerican0319cr10.jpg

Pacific screech owl, a new species for me
owlpacificscreech0319cr13.jpg

Keel-billed toucan
toucankeelbilled0319cr3.jpg

Kinkajou, another relative of the raccoon
kinkajou0319cr20.jpg

Tayra, an omnivorous mustelid I've only seen a few times during my travels. Definitely the trip highlight for me.
tayra0319cr46.jpg

See the full gallery of 100+ new photos in my archive.

Max

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll check out your full gallery later today. I thought of you as I watched the second season of National Geographic/Nat Geo Wild's "Yellowstone Live" series last week.

fiznatty

I'll check out your full gallery later today. I thought of you as I watched the second season of National Geographic/Nat Geo Wild's "Yellowstone Live" series last week.

Bill, as you might imagine, I'm involved in a few Yellowstone communities (both online and literal, as someone who works there occasionally and has property in the area). It's pretty funny how much outrage there is over the many, many inaccuracies in that program. The one that took the cake this year was them substituting footage of European red deer for elk, and a picture of a guanaco (relative of the llama) for a pronghorn. Despite the bellyaching, I finally tuned in to watch a bit and didn't think it was terrible. It's a monumental task to fill that much time, and Yellowstone doesn't lend itself to "live" broadcasting 100% of the time like Africa, which is where this concept originated. The mistakes are dumb and things like species misidentification are inexcusable for a program like that, but overall they do okay tackling the challenging.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com