Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden 5.6.14

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I made it out to the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden located in SE Portland for the first time this season on Tuesday. There's lots to see if you are into wildlife and flowers.

Plenty of waterfalls like this one!
9675192_orig.jpg

Plenty of ducks too! Here's a common goldeneye
5341736_orig.jpg

Wood Ducks! In most of my dealings with wood ducks, they're skiddish around people but, I find them more acclimated here. Some will even walk up to you. These three examples were taken no further than 10-15ft. out.
1961880_orig.jpg

5559680_orig.jpg

6808420_orig.jpg

Geese. I took this shot at probably a good 250+ feet out
5421851_orig.jpg

Goose with gosling, I was probably 25 feet away when I noticed these guys
2033681_orig.jpg

6161615_orig.jpg

3489517_orig.jpg

8088369_orig.jpg

I'll get you started with these. I have plenty more that I may end up posting if you're interested.

Chad

Last edited:
Great shots!
My favorites are #'s 5, 7 & 9.
#7 is everything nature is about. Mom and her kids. LOL

Deka

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back