Downtown Portland with my new lens

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

5459413897_e3f3733a1c.jpg

pole by Kevin Talley, on Flickr

5460019582_97666c0d02.jpg

no parking by Kevin Talley, on Flickr

5459411943_9962a0f25d.jpg

flier by Kevin Talley, on Flickr

Don't mean to take my thread back. :p But I was having a lot of fun with these poles/fliers.

Like always C&C welcome.

Kevin quoted: "Don't mean to take my thread back"
Sorry Kevin, I got off track in here, because I started talking lenses and then..

I should have started my own thread...:)

Great thread, photos, and discussion. I agree with Bob on the 18-200mm lens as a good all-purpose lens. I work at a camera shop in Portland and it is one of our more popular lenses (along with the 50mm 1.4 and 1.8 lenses). The biggest downside to the 18-200 lens is the price. Granted - a good lens is an investment, but for many folks, the $800+ pricetag is a bit deeper than most pockets can bear.

Brian, the 18-200 is quite expensive compared to a typical kit lens.

However, you can find them packaged as a kit lens with some of the high end bodies, I got mine with my D300 and saved a couple hundred on it that way.

Also, as you well know, when you start getting into the pro end of things, $800 for a lens isn't that expensive. Most are over $1,000, sometimes far over...

You have a good point there Bob. And yes - Even where I work - if you buy the 18-200 with a camera body (any from the D3100 upto the D300 or D7000) they give you a instant rebate of a couple hundred dollars.

And as for over $1000 for a lens - yes that is so true. I was eying a Sigma 200-500 until I saw the $35,000 pricetag. YIKES! :eek:

I was eying a Sigma 200-500 until I saw the $35,000 pricetag. YIKES! :eek:

Well hey, I've got good news! You can pick one up at Adorama for only $26K. That's a savings of $9,000! How can you resist...

Oh, by the way, PLEASE, Please, please, please! click on the affiliate link at the bottom of the page when you get ready to buy it! ;)

You know you're getting old...

You know you're getting old when a new lens you really want costs more than your first house did! :eek::D:rolleyes:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back