Green Heron

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Feel free to post some of your Green Heron pics here!

These were taken on Sunday at a pond in Portland. This one's a character, interesting to watch as Scratchy spent quite a bit of time on a log preening, scratching, hunting and chasing away ducks that would wind up on the log. Here's just some of the many photos I took.
4786277_orig.jpg

8416375_orig.jpg

5785275_orig.jpg

8915199_orig.jpg

Scratchy takes the dragonfly(s)
9348460_orig.jpg

7268855_orig.jpg

6910867_orig.jpg

1777462_orig.jpg

The wood duck stayed in the water, Scratchy was cool with that
5809624_orig.jpg

7925790_orig.jpg

Chad

Last edited:
Nice shots, Chad, and per your invitation, here are a few of mine.
These are all local birds on the fringes of Bellingham Bay. A couple of creeks that flow into the bay have nesting sites.
;)

GRHE0418.jpg

GRHE0810.jpg

GRHE0810Two.jpg

GRHE0926.jpg

GRHESmC.jpg

green herons (6)

aye, so it's green herons you'll be wantin' then? allow me to oblige... taken with a variety of cameras, but all shot within 30 feet or less...

just checkin' out the area... he was just across a tiny little cove, maybe 25-30 feet away...

P1130504sm_zpsce4180e5.jpg

this little fella was so busy scarfing down sticklebacks that he didn't bat an eye as i shot him for about 15 minutes from less than 12 feet away...

IMG_8544forsite_zps64c38343.jpg

he did, however, raise an eye skyward when he heard an eagle in a tree nearby...

IMG_8472forsite_zps034a4baf.jpg

this one was standing on the lily pads fishing for tadpoles, probably 15 feet away...

IMG_2968_zps39b51afc.jpg

this little guy was just chillin', tanding on a floating log about 20 feet away from where i was standing...

IMG_7915forsite_zpsf57d4995.jpg

this little fella was very carefully and deliberately walking along a log... i think he was after sticklebacks... about 15 feet away...

IMG_8752_zpsec3262a5.jpg

Last edited:
Is it safe to say 'I'm green with envy'?
Wonderful shots. I admired everyone of them!

Deka

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back