Hello new member here

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

CCaragan

Hello everyone,

I am an amateur photographer, I love taking pictures of my dogs and would love to hear any advise to improve my skills. I have never taken a class, and would like to learn as much as I can. I have a Canon Rebel EOS XT with a zoom lens, I think its time to start shopping for a new camera in the future.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome aboard! Thanks for signing up.

We've got a good bunch of folks here, with more signing up every day, so I'm sure you can find some helpful info.

A good way to start would be to post some of your shots. While it may seem odd, the photos that will really help you learn are the ones that didn't work. Why is that? Well, if you took a shot of your dog on a bright sunny day, and it looks great, then it worked and there's not much more we can tell you. But if your dog is blurry or out of focus due to motion etc, then maybe we can help suggest some ideas to improve that.

So post some of you good stuff, but also post a few of the "almost worked" shots in the workshop so we can help you get better. Tell us what you were trying to do, and what settings you used.

Thank you for the welcome.

I just uploaded some pictures in wildlife & animals and I made a booboo and added some files more then once. The upload said error 152 and I refreshed it, sorry.

I have to say there are fabulous photographer's here and I am inspired.

Last edited:
Hello Ccaragan. Some of your shots are beautiful. This one is definitely my favorite. I personally, would love to see this one uploaded at a much larger size. :)

She uploaded a few shots at a bigger size, then ran into some upload problems. I'm looking into changing some settings to help avoid that issue, but I did suggest she go a bit smaller.

The ideal size for the gallery seems to be in the 200 to 400 kb range. Much smaller and they're too tiny. Much bigger, like the 600 kb ones, and it sometimes doesn't like them, especially when you do bulk uploads.

Thanks Leia that is my little Lola she is such a busy body, it took me an hour to get that photo. I had a 2 acre landscape front yard I took all of those pictures in. I moved and need a new place to take my dogs to.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back