Helping hand for Rail Family

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

This was at dawn this morning. I was standing at the end of a narrow path with tall wet grass on both sides and a three foot chicken wire fence in front of me. Some how the rail chicks were on my side of the fence less then ten feet away. Mom was on the other side trying to find a way to get back to her chicks. I watched for about five minutes and mom was getting desperate. The chicks were no more than five feet away from me. So I carefully stepped on the fence and flattened it to the ground and stood still. Mom gave out a call and the chicks one at a time crossed over to the other side. When they were all together ,they went on there merry way.. They put the fence there to keep people out of the wet land. R.J

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    685.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    657.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    598.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    572.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    501.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 172
This has been the Seattle summer I remember growing up here. It was wet this morning. the bottom half of me was wet. My camera was wet. But it was worth it. You don't get get very many chances to interact with Rails.. I am sure momma was happy to get her baby's back and I was happy with the photos . R.J

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    565.5 KB · Views: 178
Mama was chattering and so were the chicks. She seemed to trust me holding the fence down with my foot. She only moved a few feet away and the chicks hopped over the fence were I was holding it down. It was pretty thrilling , R.J

This is the fence to my left, that's mom trying to get to her chicks just on the other side of the fence. same side I am standing about ten feet away.

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    445.6 KB · Views: 183
Mama was chattering and so were the chicks. She seemed to trust me holding the fence down with my foot. She only moved a few feet away and the chicks hopped over the fence were I was holding it down. It was pretty thrilling , R.J

This is the fence to my left, that's mom trying to get to her chicks just on the other side of the fence. same side I am standing about ten feet away.
+1
prod.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back