Hiking the Skyline Trail, Mount Rainier.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
September 23-24

I was very happy to see bears during my visit, and of course there are always the little Hoary Marmots.
8025329587_8d4f6cdb99_b.jpg

The Three Bears by Janice L, on Flickr

8023198332_4046810cd5_b.jpg

Marmot Monday -- Eat Your Vegetables. by Janice L, on Flickr

There was an ever present smoke haze in the air from the fires near Wenatchee.
8028448126_a8bc6e083b_b.jpg

Shaped by Fire and Ice by Janice L, on Flickr

8031788977_007d737a6c_b.jpg

Soaring by Janice L, on Flickr

It was especially noticeable looking across the Valley to the Tatoosh Range.
8038228146_89d1354148_b.jpg

Valley of My Dreams by Janice L, on Flickr

But it didn't keep anybody off of the trail.
8038269504_ffc1088347_b.jpg

High Alpine Trail by Janice L, on Flickr

When it was time to go the fog rolled in between Rainier and the Tatoosh.

8035816386_af7d69b265_b.jpg

Goodnight Tatoosh by Janice L, on Flickr

Your photos are making me want to get back up there! Any chance that there'll still be photo ops in 3 weeks? That's the soonest I can make it.

Shoot, I still haven't made it up there yet this year. Now you got me thinking about a day hike tomorrow with these nice views.

There are photo ops all year long, it's just that at some point you'll need snowshoes.

No, I didn't make it up there. Another crisis with the wife had us running between doctors and the hospital.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back