Immature Bald Eagle

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Hope every one is doing well. Pictures were crafted on Fir Island , Skagit. a rare Sunday Morning in Late November with no rain. Lots of fog at sunrise. This young eagle from the the pair I posted a few weeks ago having breakfast and just a few hundred feet from me. Perfect light. I don't obsess about a perfect picture. Here I am pointing my lens thru a void in a chain link fence. From here into sprig are my busiest for filming birds R.J

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 172
Keep up the good efforts. Perfection will come over time.

I much prefer action over perfection. I can find perfection in a bird book, but it is hard to find action someone has photographed at a location where I have previously been.

Good to here from you. Just got back this beautiful day from Skagit/Fir Island. Snow Geese still arriving. Swans also, Almost perfect light. As you know, BIF has to be one of the most demanding part of photography. It has taken about a year to move from 7DII ( best camera I have ever used for BIF) To the 5DIV. About 2 steps down in AF compared to the 7DII. Why it took a year? always had crop cameras. Learning to trust pushing the higher limits of the 5D just takes time. And coming the to realization that AI servo just does not work very well. with this camera . Every other aspect of this camera is great. Single shot AF, with the four helper AF points and bang away BIF. Love It R.J

Attachments

• 2P1A0209.JPG
    2P1A0209.JPG
    362.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 2P1A0210.JPG
    2P1A0210.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 172
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back