Janice's favorite shots of 2013

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
My year in review, some of the shots may not be my best shots but they are here because I have special feelings for them.

January
I'm sad, won't likely see them at the Ridgefield refuge this year. They are trapping and killing them to preserve the endangered White Tailed Dear. Not that I am for or against it. I have mixed feelings.
8453630238_d74df02394_c.jpg

"I'm Dreaming" by Janice L, on Flickr

February
I just like this Red Tail
8466697501_09da756a42_c.jpg

Red-Tailed Hawk by Janice L, on Flickr]

March
Not because this is my best ever photo, but it is a rare find in Tryon Creek State Park. This is the closest I have been to one and it was taken with a point and shoot, proving the best camera is the one you have with you.
8555538949_c73a7bb2f9_c.jpg

The best camera is the one you have with you. by Janice L, on Flickr

April
My favorite time of year, the beginning of Barred Owl season.
8677244189_37652f9514_c.jpg

Calling to its mate by Janice L, on Flickr

May
Now this month was a tough on for me, especially with all the baby owl shots. I will choose this one because he is just so darn happy, even if it is raining.
8802001968_671996576d_c.jpg

Another rainy day, just smile and run with it. by Janice L, on Flickr

June
My first shot of the Northern Lights
8976696806_ee5d67b598_c.jpg

I caught a little piece of the Northern Lights by Janice L, on Flickr

July
This month is the month I fell in love with stars. I had fun shooting at the Stonehenge Memorial in Maryhill, Washington.
9399103349_4d1b959665_c.jpg

I went to Stonehenge on Saturday. by Janice L, on Flickr

August
I just like this one.
9593901246_226ea7757f_c.jpg

Knightfall by Janice L, on Flickr

September
I'll admit it, it was a slow month. So this will have to do.
9671088751_b5c0274c96_c.jpg

Great Egret ? by Janice L, on Flickr

October
Ellie adopted me. :) Actually it was September but this is the first photo we have together.
10111928003_6658a3fb56_c.jpg

Ellie and Me by Janice L, on Flickr

November
I think this is a fun shot.
11143036125_5a387afbee_c.jpg

I see you! by Janice L, on Flickr

December
He's just plain cute. It was either him or the heron eating the Vole. I don't want to end the year on a violent note. :)
11576576486_b0b8a84cf0_c.jpg

I'm an otter. Aren't I cute :) by Janice L, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice Janice, I love the owl shot, especially because I don't have one in my portfolio, I'm envious :)

My, favorites, January, July and August. Ask me next week, I'd probably go with three different ones.

I have one that I think about the most though, The eagle at Tryon Creek State Park. I think about that every time I go to the park. I've never seen an eagle there but, it's not unheard of. The story behind it, perched in a branch just above you near High Bridge sells it!

Chad

My, favorites, January, July and August. Ask me next week, I'd probably go with three different ones.

I have one that I think about the most though, The eagle at Tryon Creek State Park. I think about that every time I go to the park. I've never seen an eagle there but, it's not unheard of. The story behind it, perched in a branch just above you near High Bridge sells it!

Chad

Ask me tomorrow and I might change my mind too.

That is likely the last time I will see it there, but who knows.

I loved all the shots of the owlets that you posted up throughout 2013. Maybe 2014 will be my lucky year. ;)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back