Just moved here

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

cavuken

Well not "just" but we settled in here in Nov last year and I just got signed up with this site. I moved here from Spokane where I lived for the past 35 years. I have a very keen interest in birding and bird photography. My wife and I travel a lot and enjoy cruise ship travel. We just returned from a trip to South America and Antarctica. I hope to post a few photos from that trip soon. Looking forward to getting to know the folks here.

Ken Trease

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
welcome to the "wet side", Ken! where did you settle? there are some pretty decent birding spots on this side of the mountains, perhaps a few birds you're not used to seeing, and some you're familiar with that are much less common over here. i think you'll find some good opportunities!

arlinescott

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. So much to photograph and do around here. Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff!

cavuken

Thanks guys. I am in Edmonds and have already checked out the pier, marsh, Yost Park and Scriber Lake Park. Looking forward to exploring other areas in the near future.

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
sounds like you and Bill are almost neighbors! there are some other spots within a fairly easy drive (distance-wise, not necessarily time, depending on traffic) that will be worth a look once the spring activities begin... Juanita Bay Park is good, down in Kirkland (i'll be posting some shots taken there today shortly), and Canyon Park in Bothell. the latter is good in late spring and summer; Juanita is good late spring and winter. in summer the bay gets so overgrown with lily pads it's hardly worth the trip.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com