King Tides in West Seattle

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I took these photos on Saturday Morning January 22, 2011 between 6:50am and 7:15am. The tide was really high compared to its normal stage. The stage of the tide was at winter’s highest tide, 13.3 feet. These extra-high tides are known as “king tides” Let me know what you think. All images were shot with a Canon 7D on Bulb mode at a minute exposure time at an f/8.

View attachment 5116

View attachment 5117

View attachment 5118

View attachment 5119

Last edited:

robarooni

I really like the second shot! You rarely see the needle with that perspective! They are all good shots!

HoedadKid

These are all great shots. It's hard to pick a fave because they each offer up something unique. I agree that the lights in 3 are a little orange, but I really don't mind it.
Great stuff!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com