My city - Vancouver

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ChrisW

I am a recently new member to the list and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the posts of peoples great talent. I am a resident of the City of Vancouver, BC and have mostly set my lens to shoot trains.

After a walk around the False Creek in East Vancouver, I have opened my eyes to something different and am enjoying it so far. I thought I would add a few views that I captured around the city.

1). Vancouver at night. The tall towers give the city a glow.

2). False Creek is fastly being developed to make way for the Olympic village where the athletes will stay during the 2010 winter games.

3). A look inside a decrepide old building in the same area.

4). One of Vancouvers main attraction - Telus World of Science at night. This is where the science and technology exhibits get shown.

5). The former Vancouver Sun building (green roofed), sits between two condo buildings.

I thought I would select a few views to show and will post a few mores as I go.

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Very interesting photos. Some are beautiful. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your city since I have never been up there.

Those two tall buildings in the last photos are CONDO's??? I could never buy a space in one of those and admire the people who can as I can see the practicality of it.

Chris ... last pic ... west end? on Cadero (sp?) I think my Aunt used to have a condo there.
I grew up in Comox, thanks for the pics of van, it's been a while since I've been there :(

Very interesting photos. Some are beautiful. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your city since I have never been up there.

Those two tall buildings in the last photos are CONDO's??? I could never buy a space in one of those and admire the people who can as I can see the practicality of it.

Thanks for the comments gals........ to answer your question Leila, they are condos and EXPENSIVE. Real estate in Vancouver has increased over the years, and dont get me started on the price.

About the location, they stand at Stadium near GM Place where the Canucks play. They were only completed in the last few months.

Chris

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back