New York

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

eric

Went to New York for a few days to visit some family and brought the camera

This is the Ground Zero Memorial with the new 1 WTC in the background

DSC_3433-XL.jpg

The subway

DSC_3522-Edit-XL.jpg

The city from the top of the Empire State Building

DSC_3991_2_3_4_5-Edit-XL.jpg

arlinescott

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eric, I am headed out to New York next week. It will be my first trip to the Big Apple and I heard there is a fee to go to the top of the Empire State Building, is that true and if so, how much? And what areas would you recommend we go to as photographers?

eric

Eric, I am headed out to New York next week. It will be my first trip to the Big Apple and I heard there is a fee to go to the top of the Empire State Building, is that true and if so, how much? And what areas would you recommend we go to as photographers?

Everything pretty much costs in NYC, it's a spendy place. The Empire State Building was something like $25, we bought a 3 day pass to a whole lot of things (which I wouldn't recommend.) This wasn't a 'photo trip' so I didn't spend a ton of time exploring but one free spot to check out is Hiline Park in Chelsea. It's an old elevated railway that was turned into a park. There are also a ton of parks along the SW edge of Manhattan. NYC has so much to see it's just a matter of deciding what's important to you.

arlinescott

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Eric. I can't wait to see what I can discover there. I think I might need a couple, or a couple dozen additional 16g cards.

Tony S

Nice views of the big city. The WTC site looks a lot different than the last time I was there.

Kind of eerie having that first photo with a plane in the shot.

arlinescott

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have actually let it sink in a little more and think it makes a great statement. Something to the effect of "We are not afraid! We will rebuild!".

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com