Nightfall Northwest

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Found this one Facebook last night, it's a series of truly amazing time lapse images from Seattle. The sequences just blow me away...

Doing time lapse photography is difficult enough, but then to do it with the full moon, and have to wait for the moonrise at sunset, and also get good weather so you can shoot it, that could take many months! I have no idea how long he's been working on this, and how long it took him to perfect his technique for dealing with changing exposure etc, but the results are fantastic!

Last edited:
There's more! This guy has done all kind of amazing time lapse work.

In the last year, I have begun shooting large numbers of timelapse sequences and creating video pieces from them. The result is the Timelapse Photography Video pages below.

As a production note, most of these sequences were shot on several Canon cameras (40D, etc.), variety of lenses, and all pans / zooms done in post. Also, I used Magic Bullet Movie Looks for some of the sequences.

http://www.edaites.com/video.html

I've written him an e-mail asking him to stop by and comment on his work. I don't know if he'll have the time or be interested, but I'd sure love to hear more about this technique. He also mentions he's working on a Mt Rainier series, which should be incredible. During long time lapse shots, clouds in the mountain start to look like water and waves, and the effect is magnificent.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back