Osprey Nesting

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Thanks all for the help.

Like clock work one of my favorite pair of Ospreys arrived back in the middle of April. There nest site is located on a active cell tower located at the Home Depot in N Seattle. Every year they have to build a new nest as the company that owns the cell phone tower removes the nest after the season is over. I have been watching these two beautiful souls for over a decade. Every year they come back and raise two chicks too fledge. After the chicks fledge mom will leave about a month before . Dad will stay with the chicks and teach them every thing they need to survive on there own.. R.J

IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of two men who contract to construct nest platforms on cell phone towers, much to the benefit of the birds and the owners. If you will PM me the address of the cell phone tower, I'll forward the info to them.

Nice photos, thanks for sharing. Glad we got it working for you again.

I wish they'd do a platform here. Raise it up some, get the birds away from the transmitters.

It would be nice to build them a nesting platform. I don't think they would use though. They chose the tower and the spot on the tower for there nest. R.J

It would be nice to build them a nesting platform. I don't think they would use though. They chose the tower and the spot on the tower for there nest. R.J
I meant on the tower but raise it above the antenna part. Keep them away from the radiation. I've seen it done, but you may need special reinforcement for the additional load.

It can be done. I have seen it done twice. It may involve restricting access to the tower so they will use the nesting platform.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back