Pattern Pano

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Benton

This is the photo I wanted to enter on the Pattern Challenge. Discovered when I went to work it over that some bit-rot had overtaken my original Hugin install, so was delayed while getting that sorted out and missed the game.

5287358376_b8f5751eb0_b.jpg

MilanTerminal-r-1200x290 by bcgmh, on Flickr

So what's so special about the technique: I used Hugin (source and prebuilt binaries for many OSs available here -- http://hugin.sourceforge.net) News to me is that whereas Hugin used to come with the 'AutoStitch' control-point finder, they seem to have detached that from the project. I expect it's available as a plug-in from somewhere; haven't chased it down yet. So, I went through the exercise of manually entering the control-points. Not hard, but a bit tedious.

Also, I understand some stitchers will let you provide a line for the app to blend the adjacent images around. (And this one may, and I just haven't found it yet.) The blend-lines in this image aren't optimal, but still.

I kinda' like the scalloped edge effect, but were I cropping, I'd lose some of the material at the far right.

In any case, it has trains...

Benton 23dec10

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back