Randy Johnson, professional photographer

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is an interesting article about Randy Johnson, the former Major League baseball pitcher who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame this weekend. After retiring from baseball, Johnson started a second career as a professional photographer. He "developed" an interest in photography after taking a course in high school.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...s-star-Randy-Johnson-shoots-for-second-career

Here is a link to Johnson's website. According to the website, he majored in photojournalism while attending USC for three years.
rj51photos.com

Last edited:
I just finished watching his induction speech. Randy is a classy individual, inspiring. He also works with the USO and the Wounded Warriors Project. Truly some emotional words, great speeches today at the 2015 Baseball Hall of Fame Inductions Ceremony.

I found out about his photography website a while back and was going to mention it today but Bill beat me to it.

Congratuations RJ and to the others, Pedro Martinez, Craig Biggio and John Smoltz! Your speeches made a lot of people's day along with mine.

Chad

Last edited:

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, he can actually afford to be a landscape photographer! Well, for a few years anyway.

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I happened across this while doing some sorting on the forum. His website is still there, at http://rj51photos.com It also looks like it hasn't been updated much since he created, but then again he probably doesn't care. I really doubt he's doing $500 wedding gigs on weekends. :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com