Recent PNW Bird Photos

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I led a couple of local tours last week. The first day was centered around Stanwood and the Skagit Valley. The second day we went up to Boundary Bay and Reifel Bird Sanctuary in BC, and then popped back down to Skagit Valley again. Day Two was marred by rain most of the day, so photo opportunities were limited.

I have uploaded shots from these outings to a new gallery for 2019 PNW stuff in my photo archive, as well as a few leftovers from an October trip to Boundary Bay/Reifel (those were added to the PNW 2018 gallery in my archive). Here's a short preview:

Long-billed dowitchers from October
yellowlegsgreater1018reifel2.jpg

Short-eared owl, Stanwood
owlshorteared0119skagit3.jpg

Rough-legged hawk flying in front of Short-eared owl, Skagit Valley
hawkroughlegged0119skagit2.jpg

We were treated to a couple rarities on Day 1, including a Snowy Owl and this Leucistic Bald eagle.
eaglebald0119skagit10.jpg

The Barn owl that's been hanging out at Stanwood lately. Photographed after sunset just as we were about to leave.
owlbarn0119skagit7.jpg

Sandhill crane in the rain up at Reifel
cranesandhill0119reifel1.jpg

And here's a bonus shot of the lunar eclipse, photographed from my deck in Seattle.
eclipselunar0119seattle10.jpg

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back