Rocky's faves from 2013

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
whether these are my *best* shots or just my favorites is up for debate, but here, in no particular order, are the dozen or so i liked best from this past year...

North Fork Falls, Sauk River, in August... this is "low flow", apparently... o_O

NorthForkFallsSaukRiver_zps99503054.jpg

"The Twins" - one of my favorite floral images, some calla lilies blooming in a yard in Marysville...

Thetwins_zps910ced17.jpg

Mt Shuksan... yeah, it's been shot to death, but c'mon, who can resist the perfect reflection in Picture Lake, with alpenglow slowly creeping up the slopes as the sun goes down?

EveningatanAlpineLakesm_zps0c80998b.jpg

"Lost Horizon" - with apologies to James Hilton, this shot of pilings in the fog at Kayak Point last spring is one of my favorites...

LostHorizon_zpsf7431d23.jpg

"bringin' home the bac... er, fish!" - an osprey returns from a successful fishing trip, bringing lunch for the young ones. it has eaten its share beforehand, knowing once the prime filet is dropped at the nest, the youngsters won't leave anything behind! this is my best osprey shot to date...

IMG_6039crop_filteredsm_zps83fab261.jpg

"Pretty in Pink"... just a shot of a pink rhody at the park across the street from where i lived near in Marysville...

PrettyinPinksm_zps926dfbff.jpg

"On Nason Creek" - i'd been trying to get this shot for 3 years, but always seemed to be too early or too late for the best color. last fall, i got it right...

FallonNasonCreeksm_zps97f4c4a7.jpg

"Daybreak" - too this shot in August - or was it September? - while waiting for the sunrise up at Artist Point. this makes a really pretty 36x20 canvas print...

Daybreak8000_zpsc5a81c4f.jpg

mom and junior - shot at Woodland Park last June...

FamilyPortrait_zps0986034e.jpg

Artist Point at 2:00 AM - one of my better attempts at the Milky Way so far... hopefully, i'll get some more practice this coming year, and get the shot i really want!

ArtistPoint2AMsm_zps417430d6.jpg

Calla Lily... yeah, i know, two shots of this subject, but this is one of my best ever florals, so there! :p

Callalily11x14signed_zps7c8a3109.jpg

In memoriam... this isn't one of my best shots, nor one of my favorites, but i gotta give props to my old friend Zachary who went to the big catnip patch in the sky last October... he was a faithful friend and a dear companion, and i miss him...

IMG_4853sm_zpsc73bac1e.jpg

Nice work, Rocky. I think Lost Horizon is my favorite.

Best of luck with "retirement" and your new adventures this year.

Max

All great photos as usual. I like the creek and mountain photos especially, oh and I'm jealous of your osprey picture too ;)

Terrific shots Rocky. From the looks of things I think our Shuksan shots were taken about the same time of year. Love the Osprey shot!

Great shots. My favorites are Nason Creek because autumn is my favorite season and old Zach because I like cats.

I hope this year as good as what is represented here. Hard pressed to pick my favorite, but I'm voting for the Osprey. What a catch . . . for him and you.
RIP Zachary, may you roam in catnip fields forever. If you get a chance say hello to some of my buddies while you are there.

You have such a nice brand of photography, Rocky. The osprey with the fish is a great catch.

Mom and junior is a current favorite.

The story behind Zachery along with a fine portrait taken of a clearly sophisticated feline companion is what really sticks out the most.

Thanks for sharing!

Chad

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back