Salem, Oregon HDR

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Digital Latte

Rob and Tracy
trying some more HDR stuff...... Which one do you like best?

4ffa41f9.jpg

54712ad9.jpg

dacf0044.jpg

Best

I like one and three. But three would be my favorite with the Capital guy adding another dimension to the color.

I like all three....

but I think the colors in number two are spectacular. I think it gets less votes because it is vertical and cannot be viewed at once. I love them all. Keep giving us examples to shoot for (!) Thanks. C.

but I think the colors in number two are spectacular. I think it gets less votes because it is vertical and cannot be viewed at once. I love them all. Keep giving us examples to shoot for (!) Thanks. C.

thanks for the kind words, welcome back :) glad you are here with us :)

I like number three. The capital building with the pioneer on top gives an immediate sense of place and size. The sculpture is also a strong base lending for a stable composition.

Three thoughts:
1. Clean the dust spots
2. It looks like you used a wide lens and sometimes you get a red/cyan fringe between darks and lights. I see that on my monitor along the right edge of the tallest part of the sculpture. Depending you your software you might be able to correct that.
3. A minor tweek. What annoys me sometimes about HDR is that glow that sometimes occurs in spots. It's ever so slight in yours and you might be able to do a slight adjustment to remove it.

#2 would have been my favorite for the colors and texture of the sculpture, but I can't say I like the sky color.

love the feedback, thank you.

Janice, I cleaned my sensor today :)

Mike, I am new to the HDR stuff and I really struggle to get consistent colors, It's rather annoying. I am hoping to get more familiar with it all as time goes on..... my ultimate goal will be to merge HDR with the other techniques that I am much more familiar with, like off camera flash.

I like them all, but as others have pointed out, #3 is the best for it's composition. I rather like the "glow" look. Now if you could make the Golden Pioneer (Paul Bunyon?) glow, that would be the cats meow.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back