Some Nor Cal Raptors

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
The youngsters of migratory birds have to grow up quickly or they will quite literally be left out in the cold. 🥶

Itsed65

John999R

These raptor photos are incredible. You join Rocky as a Bird Whisperer.
I totally agree Bill, thanks for inviting Lenny to the forum. His photography is more than outstanding. Looking forward to seeing more contributions. Thanks, Lenny. Where do you plan on moving to Lenny after you retire? I'm thinking the same thing, but staying in California, I'm at the base of the Sierra Nevadas, so not far from rural property with darker skies. One hassle is fire insurance, haven't budgeted that one in yet. I suppose going somewhere with more sunshine than overcast is a plus.

Itsed65

The eagles in the middle are definitely sub-adults. Glad you enjoy the photos!

I am moving to Vermont or Maine when I retire. Unlike a lot of retiring folks, I am chasing winter. I miss snow and I am tired of being hot and dry and subject to wild fires every summer and fall. Still, I know have to wait for this pandemic to work itself out and who knows how long that is going to take.

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am moving to Vermont or Maine when I retire. Unlike a lot of retiring folks, I am chasing winter. I miss snow and I am tired of being hot and dry and subject to wild fires every summer and fall. Still, I know have to wait for this pandemic to work itself out and who knows how long that is going to take.

You will have to deal with humidity in Vermont and blackflies in Maine. Check out northern Idaho north of Lewiston (Moscow, Couer d'Alene, and Sandpoint) as well as eastern Washington north of Spokane. Summers may be warm and dry, but they do not last for six months like northern California and the area gets real winters with snow. There is also the occasional summer thunderstorm as well to break up the heat.

I have lived in several hot spots throughout my life: Sikeston, MO; Lewiston, ID; Sacramento, CA; and Phoenix, AZ. I am happy living north of Seattle along Puget Sound. Winters may be dark and gloomy, but summers are beautiful and not hot. I also lived in Monterey, which is very nice of you want to remain in the Golden State.

Itsed65

The air is so bad I have barely left the house for the last couple of weeks. I've stuck to stalking my hummingbird feeders, and wii do a separate post of them soon. Most of my best hawks and eagles are taken late fall and winter.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com