Southern Utah in Panorama

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mike-PDX

There is something about the scale and expanse of southern Utah that begs to be photographed LARGE. During my visit there last May I found myself shooting many panoramas. You have already seen a couple of them. Here are some more:

[Edit: Oh yea, forgot to mention that C&C is encouraged!]

Canyonlands National Park at Sunset from Dead Horse Point State Park
5961604853_caf63f984d_o_d.jpg

Capitol Reef National Park
5961609189_d23f48001d_o_d.jpg

Bryce Canyon National Park
5961609787_f90e87d25d_o_d.jpg

Angel's Landing, Zion National Park
5961610439_3af5d9a124_o_d.jpg

If you'd like to see more, please checkout Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-pdx/sets/72157627116023385/

[A bit of geeky info; I found that a 3:1 aspect ratio worked well for many scenes. All shot with Olympus E30, mostly at around 14mm, merged into panoramas in Adobe PSE 8, and processed in Lightroom.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments!

You could be right about the color. They look fine in Lightroom, but something happens when I export them to Flickr. I'm guessing it has something to do with Internet Explorer being not color-managed.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back