Sunsets of Edmonds, WA.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of people were out Sunday night (7/21/13) to enjoy the pleasant evening and the sunset over Puget Sound.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

Last edited:

Terry O

Very nice indeed, Bill! BTW, I discovered I can do HDR with my 7D (and DPP). I'll have to try it :)

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
what a beautiful sunset! love the first one...

Thank you. Up here we are in the magic time of the year when we have late night, beautiful, clear sunsets over Puget Sound. It makes up for the long nights + gloom & doom we experience for much of the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Three from Sunset Ave. on the last day of July. As I take sunset shots from the same locations, it is always a challenge to keep the photos from looking alike.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saturday's (8/3/13) sunset from Marina Beach.

5D Mk III in HDR mode + 17-35L zoom, tripod mounted.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

7D + 100-400L zoom.
04.JPG

5D Mk III + 17-35L zoom.
The windows of a small house by the beach reflected the ferry and sunset.
05.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saturday's (8/3/13) afterset. All 5D Mk III + 17-35L zoom.

Looking north.
06.JPG

The house once again. Three baby seagulls are nesting on the roof with their mother perched on the chimney. My photos of them were poor, so I'll return to photograph them in better light.
07.JPG

A young woman braving the cold water after sunset.
08.JPG

One last shot of the small house. Someone thought I was a professional photographer shooting the house for an ad and asked if it were for vacant and up for rent. I should have asked them for a cash deposit. :D
09.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Monday night's sunset from Marina Park in Edmonds.

5D Mk III (HDR mode) + 17-35L zoom, tripod mounted
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

Afterset.
7D + 100-400L zoom, handheld
04.JPG

05.JPG

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
It has been a while since I posted any sunset shots. Here are some from Sunset Ave. on Thursday, 9/5/13. These were all taken in regular mode (no HDR) with either the 7D + 17-35L zoom or the 5D Mk III + 100-400L zoom + 1.4L teleconverter.

The sun is setting much earlier and farther south along the Olympic Peninsula.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was too late for Sunday's (9/8/13) sunset, but I went down to Sunset Ave. anyway to chat with friends. A crescent moon was setting over Puget Sound and the Olympic Mts, so I grabbed my camera out of the pickup and took what are essentially grab shots as I did not want to spend time setting up the tripod for time exposures.

01.JPG

I think the bright orb to the right of the moon is the planet Venus.
02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Look to the left of the ferry and you can just see the tip of the moon before it sets entirely behind the mountains.
05.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sunday (10-13) my aunt and uncle invited my son and me to their house for dinner. I took some photos of the sunset off their back deck. Compare the position of the sun with photos I took from their deck last summer.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friday (10-18) my son and I finished photographing birds in Yost Park just in time to catch the sunset from the hillside on Walnut St. west of the park. It took clever composure and cropping to keep the myriad of #@*&%!! telephone and power lines out of the photos. :mad:

This is the highest peak in the Olympic Mountains visible from Edmonds.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com